Spring Framework Introduction and Features
Spring is a Java based open source application development framework. It can be used for any kind of java applications including desktop/stand alone, web application, distributed application etc.
It is based on layered architecture; we can choose its layer as per our choice. It is not mandatory to use entire layer in an application.
Spring is exclusively developed using loose-coupling architecture. Due to this architecture it enables the high integration with any technology.
Spring Feature Summary
- Layered based framework
- Loose Coupling based architecture
- High Integration support with other technologies
- Spring supports simple programming model (POJO based programming), simple and easy to adopt.
- Spring supports Test Driven Development(TDD) due to its POJO programming model
- Spring supported application can adopt any technology anytime, even in middle of development or implementation.
- Spring is a light weight framework
- Spring application can be benefitted with middleware services(Transaction, Security, Logging etc.) without using EJBs or application server(JBoss, GlassFish, WebLogic etc)
- Spring is using various standard design patterns like Dependency Injection (DI), Factory, AOP(Aspect Oriented Programming), Template based programming.
- Spring offers support for Mobile application, Desktop application, RIA application, Batch execution requirement, Web applications using SpringMVC and Web Flows etc.
- Spring has support for Annotation based programming to reduce the configuration.
- Spring community is very smart and active to provide the technical help
- IDE supporting Spring : Netbeans, STS,Eclipse
- Spring Technologies and Support
- Spring Framework – Core Container(IoC Container)
- Spring Mobile
- Spring with Android
- Spring Security
- Spring Roo
- Spring Data
- Spring Web Services
- Spring Batch
- Spring Integration
- Spring AMQP
- Spring with Cloud Support
- Spring BlazeDS Integration
- Spring Social
- Spring Web Flow
Please visit official website for more information[Official Website] http://www.springsource.org/ [Forum] http://forum.springsource.org [Reference Documentation for Spring 2.5.x] http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/2.5.4/reference/index.html [Reference Documentation for Spring 3.x]